I just received my new Minix Z83-4 Mini PC from Amazon and I’m using it for a server. Excellent so far!
Clean & Optimize Windows:
- First go to update center and let it run to get the latest updates.
- Open Disk Cleanup. Select all options and let it run, then go back and do it again for the advanced settings portion.
- Then go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and then delete the content of the Download folder.
- Turning off animations to speed up the interface.
- Disable all Microsoft Reporting under privacy settings.
- Disable unneeded services such as Cortana.
Install Server Software
- I downloaded TightVNC to connect to it from my mac since I’m not using it with a screen.
- I installed AMPPs to easily manage the server.
The VNC UI is fast due to the dual band WiFi. Excellent Work Minix!